How Does 3D Drafting Work? Ettol’s Quick Guide to 3D Drafting and Modelling
If you’ve ever been curious as to how 3D modelling and drafting work, you wouldn’t be alone. While most have seen the outcome in the form of intricate 3D models, most people don’t understand the complex process that goes into creating that model. The team at Ettol have been doing 3D drafting and modelling in Perth for a little while now, and our team of engineers have over 40 years of combined experience. We’re here to share with you a brief overview of how we bring your ideas, products, and inventions to 3-dimensional life.
The Process of 3D Drafting
3D drafting in Perth is achieved through the utilisation of computer-aided design (CAD) software. A couple of decades ago, engineering drafts were all hand-drawn, which took countless hours of calculations, measurements, and careful drawing. Not to mention the time needed to make edits and updates. Nowadays, CAD technology simplifies the process.
- Problem definition: Before we can begin designing anything, the engineers at Ettol will first clearly define the problem you’re trying to solve.
- Brainstorming: From there, we brainstorm innovative engineering solutions tailored specifically to your problem.
- Preliminary design: The engineers at Ettol look at creating sketches and drawings as part of the initial design phase.
- Drafting: After choosing the most vital parts of our initial designs, we input them into our cutting-edge CAD software to create a 2D draft of your design.
- Rendering: We can then turn that 2D design into a 3D draft. While it won’t include any implementation or technology-specific details, it’s still an effective way to present ideas and concepts.